Join us for our Teacher Training with Cheryl Fenner Brown on March 23-25, 2018, Yoga for Cancer Part 2: Subtle Practices. You can take part two of the training as a stand-alone immersion or in combination with part one, Yoga for Cancer: Physical Practices, which we hope to offer again in 2019. This weekend immersion is for 200‐hour yoga teachers and health care practitioners who wish to learn the theory and practice of yoga therapy for cancer patients and survivors. In this 12‐hour training, you will learn how to guide your students through this life‐changing healing journey. 2:00-6:00 pm Friday & Saturday, 12:00-4:00 pm on Sunday at the Cancer Support Community, 3276 McNutt Ave, Walnut Creek.
Early Registration ends on 2/28/18
- The anatomy of cancer and the immune system and the effect of stress on the immune system and how subtle yoga helps
- How to adapt common subtle practices for patients in active treatment, what is safe and what should be avoided
- The importance of working with the subtle body including, the koshas, gunas, chakras, doshas, nadis, and vayus.
- Benefits of using pranayama and mudra as stand‐alone practices, and in combination with asana and meditation.
- Benefits of using mantra, and sound to support emotional and mental well‐being
- How to structure a yoga nidra script, and use guided meditation in your classes.
- Evidence‐informed yoga protocols from the Healing Yoga for Cancer Survivorship (HYCS) research study (sponsored by the Cancer Support Community and Piedmont Yoga Community in 2014)
You will earn 12‐hours of CEC for Yoga Alliance. The training will be led by integrative yoga therapist, Cheryl Fenner Brown, C‐IAYT, E‐RYT500, YACEP, with over a decade of experience working with cancer patients and survivors as a teacher, therapist, mentor, author, and researcher.
For more information, contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 290‐2641.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds will be paid in full if given 7 days before the start of the workshop. No refunds thereafter.
Please click here to download the flyer.