Join us for our Teacher Training with Cheryl Fenner Brown on April 26-28, 2019, Yoga for Cancer Part 1: Physical Practices. This weekend immersion is for 200‐hour yoga teachers and health care practitioners who wish to learn the theory and practice of yoga therapy for cancer patients and survivors. In this 12‐hour training, you will learn how to guide your students through this life‐changing healing journey. 2:00-6:00 pm Friday & Saturday, 1:00-5:00 pm on Sunday at the Cancer Support Community, 3276 McNutt Ave, Walnut Creek.
Early Registration ends on 3/1/19
- The anatomy of cancer and the immune system and the effect of stress on the body
- How to adapt the practice for patients in active treatment, what is safe and what should be avoided
- How active practice counteracts treatment side-effects such as pain, insomnia, anxiety, fatigue, lymphedema and neuropathy
- Experience upper body somatic movement that facilitates lymphatic flow
- Adapting gentle inersions and restorative postures that can provide pain and stress relief
- Using guided imagery as a deeply healing visualization practice
- How to use these practices into your own classes customize protocols for working with private clients
- Evidence‐informed yoga protocols from the Healing Yoga for Cancer Survivorship (HYCS) research study (sponsored by the Cancer Support Community and Piedmont Yoga Community in 2014)
You will earn 12‐hours of CEC for Yoga Alliance. The training will be led by integrative yoga therapist, Cheryl Fenner Brown, C‐IAYT, E‐RYT500, YACEP, with over a decade of experience working with cancer patients and survivors as a teacher, therapist, mentor, author, and researcher.
For more information, contact Cheryl at email@example.com or (510) 290‐2641.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds will be paid in full if given 7 days before the start of the workshop. No refunds thereafter.
Please click here to download the flyer.