"This is Part 2 of the Healing Yoga for Cancer Survivorship certification training for teachers and health-care practitioners (you may start with either Part 1 or Part 2). Yoga teachers earn 12 Yoga Alliance CECs. Recordings will be made available for a limited time.
Training is a combination of live online sessions (12 hours over two-weekends) plus recorded video pre-requisites (4 hours). This training is for 200-hour yoga teachers and health care practitioners who wish to learn the theory and practice of yoga therapy for cancer patients and survivors. In this two part 30-hour training, you will learn how yoga can guide students through this life-changing healing journey and mitigate treatment side-effects such as pain, insomnia, cancer-related fatigue, anxiety, lymphedema, and neuropathy. Training will include evidence-informed yoga protocol from the Healing Yoga for Cancer Survivorship (HYCS) research (sponsored by the Cancer Support Community and Piedmont Yoga Community
- "The Subtle Body" online pre-requisite course provides an introduction on prana, mudra, yoga nidra, sound, chakras, intention setting, and an overview of Samkhya and Vendanta philosophy. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to complete the pre-requisite work prior to the first live training session so that we can dive into the material together. It will be made available to you after you register.'
- Learn how to incorporate subtle practices into your teaching and private client work.
- How cancer affects the subtle body, including the impact it has on the koshas and chakras.
- A deep dive into mudra (hand gestures), pranayama (breathing), mantra (chanting and sound), sankalpa (intention), and yoga nidra (guided relaxation) for cancer.
- Learn how these practices strengthen the immune system and counteract treatment side-effects to improve emotional and spiritual quality of life.
- Build confidence around how to support emotional processing when it arises in your students and how to protect yourself while working with this population.
The training will be led by integrative yoga therapist Cheryl Fenner Brown, C-IAYT, E‐RYT 500, YACEP with over a decade of experience working with cancer patients and survivors as a teacher, therapist, author, and researcher. For more information, contact Cheryl at email@example.com or
|Registration Fee||$ 325.00|