This weekend immersion is for 200‐hour yoga teachers and health care practitioners who wish to learn the theory and practice of yoga therapy for cancer patients and survivors. In this 12‐hour training, you will learn how to guide your students through this life‐changing healing journey.
- Evidence‐based yoga protocol from the Healing Yoga for Cancer Survivorship research study (sponsored by the Cancer Support Community and Piedmont Yoga Community in 2014)
- A functional medicine perspective of immune system anatomy and cancer
- The effect of stress on the immune system and how yoga helps
- A look at cancer through the koshas and chakras
- Experience gentle active and restorative asana, pranayama, mudra, chanting, and yoga nidra that strengthen the immune system and counteract the side effects from cancer treatment to improve patients’ and survivors’ quality of life
- How and why to adapt practices for patients in active treatment, what is safe and what should be avoided
- How to support emotional processing when it arises in your students
- How to best incorporate these practices into your own classes and customize the protocol for working with private clients
The training will be led by integrative yoga therapist Cheryl Fenner Brown, C-IAYT, E‐RYT 500, YACEP with over a decade of experience working with cancer patients and survivors as a teacher, therapist, author, and researcher. For more information, contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 290-2641
Please click here to download the flyer.
Cancer Support Community
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
|Registration Fee||$ 325.00|